In Arizona’s Yavapai County is where you can find the city of Cottonwood. The city has a moderate size as it boasts a population of over 12,000 people in total. If you are wondering if the name hails from the Cottonwood tree, you are correct.
Cottonwood is a great destination for couples due to its simplistic nature. The kind of atmosphere offered plays right into that which is needed to easily foster romantic feelings as couples engage in a variety of activities.
The city is known for its wine and this is acknowledged in its motto, which is “The Heart of Arizona Wine Country.” Since the city is so small and there is a heavy focus is on wine, it can be a bit difficult to find unique activities that do not revolve around wine. In fact, there are no less than ten unique wineries that visitors can check out.
Be that as it may, however, below is a list of some of the activities you can enjoy in Cottonwood with a significant other.
Old Town Red Rooster Café
This little café is the definition of that remote and cozy feeling that is great for experiencing both intimacy and romance. Larger establishments in other states feel a bit more public, which means in most cases the focus is just on getting in, having some food, and getting out.
These little cafes have a more intimate feel as they are usually small and more personal. Apart from the intimacy, there is the matter of the food that is served, which has several positive reviews.
The food served conforms to a traditional American and a traditional Southwestern style. These foods are served both during breakfast and during lunch.
For breakfast, the options tend to be along the lines of buttermilk pancakes, huevos rancheros, eggs benedict, or a customizable sandwich building option.
On the lunch side the menu typically has a variety of wraps, sandwiches, and salads.
Verde River Adventure Center
Journeys together atop a calm, beautiful river with wonders of nature in the background is the quintessential romantic setting. Cottonwood gives this to you and your significant other in the form of the Verde River Adventure Center.
This attraction has been a mainstay of Cottonwood and has provided numerous couples with adventures that fall into the categories of romantic, education, pulse pounding, or all three.
The Verde River was not a very popular one in the past but now people come from various places around the country to experience the adventure for themselves. The both of you can access and enjoy activities such as birding and fishing.
If you are looking for more of a romantic touch to your activities, you may want to consider the tubing or boating as it allows you both to be away from the shore, along the open river, just going with the flow and enjoying each other’s company.
If you are more interested in going on a tour together, the Adventure Center provides tours as a service and is willing to take you on various tours such as kayaking trips, excursions, etc.
One of the most popular tour options is known as “Water to Wine.” It lasts for a total of 1 ½ hours and includes a trip by Kayak straight down the Verde River and to the meeting point of said river and Oak Creek.
The tour doesn’t end there as you and your lover then set out on a footpath composed of pure gravel as you journey to the Alcantra Vineyards for a tasting session which includes some of Cottonwood’s award-winning wine. It’s not surprising that a place so dedicated to wine production has a wine tasting conclusion to a kayak tour.
Of all the parks found in Cottonwood, the Riverfront Park has the honor of being known as the largest. The park is the definition of multi-function, which is perfect as you can drive your romance through both slow and fast paced activities while there. Here are some of the offerings you can enjoy while at the park:
- Volleyball courts – If you two lovebirds are up for a game of volleyball, step onto the court and let your skills do the talking for you. How about whoever loses gives the winner a massage?
- Horseshoe pit – The park boasts a five-court horseshoe pit were the both of you can enjoy pitting your targeting skills against each other. According to legend, being able to successfully land the horseshoe is a sign of good luck. It may very well be an indication that you two are about to get lucky with each other.
- Skating rink – Couples have a great time skating together even if they’re not good at it. Many couples just hold hands and move around slowly for both safety and romance reasons.
- Grassy areas – The genuine appeal of a walk in the park cannot be beaten by many things as it allows lovers to focus in on each other while taking in the sights that are present. Hold hands and take a relaxing walk together and just talk. Talk about everything ad talk about nothing. Communication is key here.
- Gazebos – The designers of the venue understand the subtle value in picnicking as a couple and, therefore, there are five gazebos in the park that all have picnic tables built into them. Whether you have had a picnic with your partner or not, this is a prime location for you to do and enjoy the intimate atmosphere and exchange it creates.
The last entry on this list is a great place for the both of you to be alone with each other and nature. The Jail Trail is a big and lush area that is conducive to hiking and exploring. Once of the most romantic things you can do with this place is to pack some essentials and just take of with each other. Create your own adventure as you move along and allow the sense of adventure to bring you and your significant other even closer together than you already were.Places nearby:
Fun things to do in Springdale, Utah 286 km / 178 mi
The High Roller Ferris Wheel: A family favorite 324 km / 201 mi
Mirage Hotel: Erupting Volcano And Secret Garden 325 km / 202 mi
The Mob Museum: Exhibits are designed to thrill visitors 325 km / 202 mi
Plaza La Cachanilla: Authentic Mexican Mall Experience Right by the Border 395 km / 245 mi